Thailand, a land of captivating beauty, rich culture, and vibrant traditions, beckons travelers from across the globe. Indian citizens, in particular, are increasingly drawn to Thailand’s allure, seeking extended stays to immerse themselves in its wonders. To facilitate these extended visits, Thailand offers a convenient option: the one-year multiple-entry visa for Indian citizens.
Understanding the One-Year Multiple-Entry Visa
The one-year multiple-entry visa grants Indian citizens the flexibility to enter and exit Thailand multiple times within a one-year period. This visa is ideal for those seeking to explore Thailand’s diverse regions, engage in extended cultural experiences, or conduct business activities.
Eligibility and Requirements
Indian citizens can apply for the one-year multiple-entry visa if they meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid Indian passport with at least six months remaining validity
- Provide proof of onward or return travel
- Demonstrate sufficient financial means to support themselves during their stay in Thailand
- Submit a completed visa application form along with supporting documents
Indian citizens can apply for the one-year multiple-entry visa either at the Royal Thai Embassy in New Delhi or at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Chennai. The application process typically involves the following steps:
- Submit the completed visa application form along with the required supporting documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Attend an interview if required.
- Receive the visa upon approval.
Fees and Validity
The visa fee for the one-year multiple-entry visa for Indian citizens is INR 12,000. The visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance and allows for multiple entries into Thailand, with each stay not exceeding 90 days.
- How long does the visa application process take?
The visa application process typically takes around 3-5 working days.
- What are the supporting documents required for the visa application?
Supporting documents may include passport copies, flight itinerary, proof of accommodation, proof of financial means, and a recent passport-size photograph.
- Can I extend my one-year multiple-entry visa?
Yes, visa extensions can be applied for at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.
List of Key Requirements
- Valid Indian passport
- Proof of onward or return travel
- Financial means to support stay in Thailand
- Completed visa application form
- Supporting documents
Table: Visa Fee and Validity
|Visa Category||Fee (INR)||Validity||Validity of Stay|
|Non-Immigrant Visa (Multiple Entry)||12,000||1 Year||Permitted to stay for a period not exceeding 90 Days (each entry) unless otherwise instructed by the Immigration Bureau.|